Monday, June 16, 2014

DAY 54 - COUNTING DOWN TO TH 50TH

Good Morning, Class of '64
Big Red Americana - Dave Barnhouse


Take My love

 Take my love along with you 
as down that road you go
It does no good at home with me, 
it's just for you alone
Thru days and nites of travel, 
take my love along with you
It's there to keep you safe 
and warm in everything you do.

Take my love along with you 
as down that road you go
To places that you've never been 
and "My Love" just always know
That I'm right there beside you
in ways that we can't see
I'm resting there next to your heart; 
my love to you from me.

Take my love along with you 
and always remember this
Very few people in all this world, 
ever find this kind of bliss
That only you and I could 
share in everything we do
So as you travel that long, long road, 
take my love along with you

Then They Built the Interstate - Dominic Piperata
There is more credit and satisfaction
 in being a first-rate truck driver 
than a tenth-rate executive.
B. C. Forbes
 
Sleepin' in the truck wasn't so bad. 
Shoot, I kind of liked that, myself.
Chris LeDoux
 
If you bought it
A trucker brought it
 Unknown
Unknown
 

 One Hit Wonders of 1963


 You Don't Have to Be a Baby to Cry
Sung by a British girl group The Caravelles.
Reached number three on the US Billboard Hot 100.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/You_Don%27t_Have_to_Be_a_Baby_to_Cry 
The Caravelles - 1963
Lone Wolf - Galen Cox


Six Days on the Road
The song became a major hit and is often hailed 
as the definitive celebration of the American 
truck driver.
It became Dave Dudley's first major hit, reaching 
No. 2 on the Billboard Hot Country Singles chart 
where it spent 21 weeks.
It became a minor hit on Top 40 radio stations,
 peaking at No. 32 on the Billboard Hot 100. 
It was also listed at number 13 on their 
easy listening survey.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Six_Days_on_the_Road 

Old Farm Truck - Anthony Butera
Till Then
 It enjoyed great popularity 
when  it came out in 1944 and 
has been recorded many times.
 Reached No. 20 on the chart for 
The Classics.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Till_Then 
The Classics - 1963

Big Mac - Laurie G. Miller

 
Still
Bill Anderson's second number one on the
Billboard Hot Country Singles chart,
staying at the top spot for seven
non-consecutive weeks.
The song crossed over to the pop
chart peaking at number eight
on the Billboard Hot 100 and
was #3 on Billboard Easy Listening.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Still_%28Bill_Anderson_song%29
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bill_Anderson_%28singer%29

Bill Anderson - 1963

Snub Nose International - James M. Coulter

From a Jack to a King
From a Jack to a King is a country music song.
First released in 1957 with no success.  
He persuaded his label to re-release it five years later.
The song became a crossover hit, charting in the Top 10 on the Billboard U.S. country (#2), pop (#6), and adult contemporary (#3) charts.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/From_a_Jack_to_a_King
Ned Miller - 1963

Truck at Rest - David J. Teter

Remember Then
Reached no. 24 on the Billboard Hot 100.
Remains well known for its chorus of 
"Re-meh-meh, re-meh-meh-mem-ber (oop-shoop) Re-meh-meh, re-meh-meh-mem-ber (oop-shoop).
With the oldies revival in the early 1970s and 1980s, 
the Earls became one of the most requested groups
 in the doo-wop genre.
The Earls - 1963
 
 
Trucker Slang and CB Radio Lingo 
 
 Big Rig
Documentary about long
haul truck drivers.
YouTube Comment:
I've been at it since the early
90's and still love it.
At times I feel like I have a GPS
stamped into my brain.
Been all over the place
over and over again.
And still love it.
I hate some things but can't
see doing anything else.
I'm a Trucker.
Unknown
I don't think there's any real motivation 
for somebody to be a truck driver.
Mine was simple; 
Dad was a truck driver, 
I wanted to own one.
Lindsay Fox
 
I sometimes think it ironic for an 
ex-seaman, 
longshoreman, 
truck driver, 
policeman, 
bus driver, etc... 
to find success writing children's novels.
Brian Jacques
 
When I got outta High School 
I was driving a truck. 
I was just a poor boy 
from Memphis, Tennessee.
Elvis Presley
 
I don't think I'm bad for people. 
If I did think I was bad for people, 
I would go back to driving a truck, 
and I really mean this.
Elvis Presley
 
 If an Englishman gets run down by 
a truck he apologizes to the truck.
Jackie Mason
 

 Truck Stop - Dan Hatala

1 comment: