Friday, May 16, 2014

DAY 84 - COUNTING DOWN TO THE 50TH

Good Morning, Class of '64
Guardian Angel - Heiliger Schutzengel
"The guardian angels of life sometimes 
fly so high as to be beyond our sight, but 
they are always looking down upon us."
Jean Paul Richter
 
"Guardian angels are perhaps 
the most popular kind,
 probably because we all know
 how fragile life can be.
We desperately need protection
 from unexpected circumstances
 and unseen dangers.
Just the thought of good 
angels hovering around
us gives people a feeling of safety!
Gary Kinnaman
 
Children often have imaginary playmates.
I suspect that half of them are really
their guardian angels."
Eileen Elias Freeman
 
"When I was a child I thought I saw an angel.
It had wings and kind of looked like my sister.
I opened the door so some light could come 
into the room, and it sort of faded away.
My mother said it was probably 
my guardian angel." 
 Denzel Washington
 
Outside the open window
The morning air is all 
awash with angels.
Richard Purdy Wilbur

The Angel's Message - George Hillyard Swinstead
An Angel on My Shoulder
(An Old-World Ballad)
 
Along the edge of the world at night
in the light of the Lord’s candle
somebody is wandering alone
with an angel on his shoulder.

He’s walking towards nowhere, to non-return,
he’s walking lazily like a child,
and the gray pendulum of life
prods him from behind,

so he won’t roam at night
in the light of the Lord’s candle,
so he won’t ramble around
with an angel on his shoulder.

A whirling wind blows,
a pestilential Herod howls,
the pendulum is striking stronger,
the barely alive angel is moaning.

But he keeps going on and on,
though the candle’s no longer breathing,
just his lips quiver: 

Angel, don’t fall from my shoulder.


Guardian Angel - Heiliger Schutzengel
Has it ever happened that you escaped 
some kind of calamity or bad outcome 
and afterward tried to understand but 
couldn't explain your near miss?
Perhaps some hidden sense inside you 
warned of coming disaster, and you heeded
 the prompt unaware of it's nature.
 Perhaps there be angels guarding you. 
Perhaps there be angels among us.


When we worship God, 
our angels add their prayers 
and turn our single voices 
into hundred-part harmony.
Eileen Elias Freeman
The Angels' Little Instruction Book
  
Angel on My Shoulder
Shelby Flint has been a singer in several movies. 
Snoopy, Come Home
 ("Do You Remember Me?" (Lila's Theme)
  The Rescuers
 "Someone's Waiting for You" 
which was nominated for the Academy Award 
for Best Original Song in 1977.
Angel On My Shoulder peaked at #22 
{for 1 week} and spent 12 weeks on the Top 100
Shelby Flint - 1961
 

Got an angel on my shoulder
Got a penny in my pocket
And I found a four leaf clover
And I put it in my locket
 
Wished on all the stars above me
And I caught the nearest rainbow
Gonna find someone to love me
Gonna find someone to love
 

Well I tossed a lot of nickels in the wishing well
And saved the fortunes that the fortune cookies tell
I got a lucky penny and a mustard seed
But a warm and tender love is all I need
 

And I want a love that lingers
And a strong one through and through
So I´m gonna cross my fingers
That I´ll find a boy who loves me true
And I´m gonna love him too


Guardian Angel - Unknown
  Angel Baby
Reached #5 on the Billboard Hot 100 in
December 1960 and remained on the charts
for twelve weeks. On the R&B charts,
"Angel Baby" also peaked at #5 and remained
on that chart for eight weeks.
Listed as #34 on the 1961 Hot 100 for the year.
One of John Lennon's favorite songs.
Rosie was inducted into inducted into the 
Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 1995.
http://www.songfacts.com/detail.php?id=12210 
Rosie and The Originals - 1961

Make yourself familiar with the angels, 
and behold them frequently in spirit;
for, without being seen, 
they are present with you.
St. Francis of Sales

Guardian Angels - JHS Mann
Pretty Little Angel Eyes
Peaked at position 7 on the Hot 100.

 

Music is well said to be the speech of angels.
Thomas Carlyle


 
Guardian Angel - Heiliger Schutzengel
You Are My Special Angel
Peaked at number seven on the Billboard Hot 100
chart and spent four weeks at number one on the US
Country music chart. The single made the R&B chart,
peaking at number eight.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/My_Special_Angel
Bobby Helms - 1957

 

Silently, one by one,
in the infinite meadows of heaven,
Blossomed the lovely stars,
the forget-me-nots of the angels.
Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
Evangeline


Song of the Angels - William Adolphe Bouguereau
Devil or Angel
#6 on U.S. Charts
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Devil_or_Angel
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bobby_Vee

Bobby Vee - 1961

The wings of angels are often found on
the backs of the least likely people.
Eric Honeycutt

Guardian Angel - Unknown
Johnny Angel
Nnumber one on the Billboard Hot 100.

It had a 15-week run on the chart. 
Number one hit on the Top 100 Best Sellers chart
 in April of 1963 as published by Cashbox.
Sold over a million copies and was awarded 
a gold record. 
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Johnny_Angel_%28song%29 
Shelley Fabares -1962



Insight is better than eyesight
when it comes to seeing an angel.
Eileen Elias Freeman
The Angels' Little Instruction Book

Guardian Angel - Unknown
 Earth Angel
"Earth Angel" is ranked 151st on the Rolling Stone's
list of the "500 Greatest Songs of All Time" and, it
is also one of the only 50 recordings chosen by
the Library of Congress to be added to the
National Recording Registry.
reached No. 1 on the Billboard R&B chart 

for three weeks in early 1955 and No. 8 
on the pop chart.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Earth_Angel 
The Penguins - 1955
 

"If you wish success in life,
make perseverance your bosom friend,
experience your wise counselor,
caution your elder brother, 
and hope your guardian angel." 
Joseph Addision

"I believe most at-home accidents happen
 in the bathroom because our guardian 
angels give us our privacy."
Cathy L. Poulin

The golden moments in the stream of life 
rush past us and we see nothing but sand; 
the angels come to visit us, and we only 
know them when they are gone.
George Elliot

  It is not known precisely where angels dwell — 
whether in the air, the void, or the planets. 
It has not been God's pleasure that we 
should be informed of their abode. 
Voltaire

All God's angels come to us disguised.
James Russell Lowell

"These things I warmly wish for you:
 someone to love, 
some work to do, 
a bit o' sun, 
a bit o' cheer, 
and a guardian angel always near."
Irish blessing

Guardian Angel - Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment