Wednesday, April 23, 2014

DAY 109 - COUNTING DOWN TO THE 50TH

GOOD MORNING, CLASS OF '64
Lazy Afternoon - Carrito de Compras
A Lazy Day
 
Paul Laurence Dunbar 
 
THE trees bend down along the stream,
Where anchored swings my tiny boat.
The day is one to drowse and dream
And list the thrush's throttling note.
When music from his bosom bleeds
Among the river's rustling reeds.
No ripple stirs the placid pool,
When my adventurous line is cast,
A truce to sport, while clear and cool,
The mirrored clouds slide softly past.
The sky gives back a blue divine,
And all the world's wide wealth is mine.
A pickerel leaps, a bow of light,
The minnows shine from side to side.
The first faint breeze comes up the tide —
I pause with half uplifted oar,
While night drifts down to claim the shore.
 
Lazy Day - Robin Rowe
People who throw kisses are hopelessly lazy.
Bob Hope

I’m not a very good sleeper. But you know what? I’m willing to put in a few extra hours every day to get better. That’s just the kind of hard worker I am.  
   
Jarod Kintz, Whenever You're Gone, I'm Here For You

Sometimes I do smart things.
Sometimes I do dumb things.
Most of the time I don't do anything. 
   
Gorilla Rising Hintz
 
Lazy people are always eager to be doing something.
French Proverb

Growing up in the valley, there were slow, easy days when there wasn't much of anything to do. If you had already been to the Post Office and picked up the family mail, the time before supper and bedtime stretched far ahead as the clock took its time ticking the minutes away.
 
Sometimes the best time filler would be sitting in the front porch swing, slightly hidden by the wisteria, and watching the cars go by, or the people go by or daydreaming. All the while the radio would be on and, maybe, playing a tune perfectly fitted to a laid back, small town kind of day.

Lazy Afternoon - Donald Voorhees
   Moon River
Received an Academy Award for Best Original Song
 for its first performance by Audrey Hepburn
in the 1961 movie Breakfast at Tiffany's.
Also won Henry Mancini (composer) the 1962
Grammy Award for Record of the Year
and Johnny Mercer (lyrics) the
Grammy Award for Song of the Year
Became the theme song for Andy Williams
although his recording never charted.
An inlet near Savannah, Georgia,
Johnny Mercer's hometown,
was named Moon River in honor
of him and this song.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moon_River
Andy Williams - 1961

Gina
Johnny's fourth hit to reach the top 10,
topping out at #6
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Johnny_Mathis
Johnny Mathis - 1961
(with Gina Lollobrigida)

 Lollipops and Roses
1962 Grammy Award winning recording.
Number twelve on the Easy Listening chart.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lollipops_and_Roses_(song)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lollipops_and_Roses_(song)
Jack Jones - 1962
 
You can't teach people to be lazy - either they have it, or they don't.
Dagwood Bumstead

Lazy Day

AFTERNOON
 Dorothy Parker

 When I am old, and comforted,
And done with this desire,
With Memory to share my bed
And Peace to share my fire,

I'll comb my hair in scalloped bands
Beneath my laundered cap,
And watch my cool and fragile hands
Lie light upon my lap.

And I will have a sprigged gown
With lace to kiss my throat;
I'll draw my curtain to the town,
And hum a purring note.

And I'll forget the way of tears,
And rock, and stir my tea.
But oh, I wish those blessed years
Were further than they be!
 
 
Dorothy Parker - Afternoon by poetictouch

 But I'm really enjoying my retirement.
I get to sleep in every day.
 I do crossword puzzles and eat cake.
Derek Landy, Mortal Coil
 
Lazy Afternoon - Catherine Demaio

No comments:

Post a Comment